Creating an ideal customer avatar for your business is the most effective way to make sure you are connecting with both your existing customers as well as attracting new customers to your business or brand.
The benefits of creating an ideal customer avatar for your business include:
- Increased engagement with your existing customers
- Attracting more new customers who will connect with your brand
- Develop a strong level of trust with your customers
- Connect with your customers on an emotional level
- Better meet the needs of your customers.
So what is a Customer Avatar?
A customer avatar is an individual you create (and name!) in the demographic and with the characteristics of your target group of customers. It’s important to be as specific as possible when it comes to creating an ideal customer avatar, as you really want to get ‘inside the head’ of your customers.
Some of the characteristics to think about when creating a customer avatar include:
- Emotions and experiences
- The way they use technology and how comfortable they are with it
- Social and cultural beliefs
- Physical characteristics including age, gender, marital status
Once you have clearly defined your customer avatar, you can then tailor your messages and marketing to suit his/her needs and personality – helping your business to engage with your customers on a deeper level.
Does your business have an ideal customer avatar?