If you are using Facebook Ads, you want to make sure your ads are reaching the right audience. Creating a custom audience for your Facebook advertising is an effective way for your brand or business to reach more potential clients and customers so today we are taking a look at how to create a custom audience.
What is a custom audience?
A Facebook custom audience is a targeting option for your Facebook advertising which allows you to find your existing audience amongst Facebook users. You can also learn more about Facebook Custom Audience here.
How to create a custom audience
A Facebook custom audience can be created regardless of whether you are using Ads Manager, Ad creation, Power Editor of Analytics for Apps.
How to create a custom audience using Power Editor:
- Go into your Power Editor and select ‘Audiences’
- Click ‘Create Audience’ and select the ‘Custom Audience’ option from the top right corner.
- Select whether you wish to create your custom audience from web traffic data or a customer list and follow the instructions to create your custom audience
How to create a custom audience using Ad Creation
- Go into Ad Creation and begin to create your ad.
- At step 2, under the ‘Who do you want your ads to reach?’ section, select ‘Create new custom audience’.
- Next select whether you want to create your custom audience from a web traffic data or a customer list. Once you’ve made you choice, follow the instructions to create your custom audience.
How to create a custom audience using Ads Manager
- In Ads Manager select ‘Tools’ and then ‘Audiences’.
- Then select ‘Create Audience’ – ‘Custom Audience’ – ‘Customer List’.
- Decide then if you wish to create your custom audience from a customer list or web traffic data and follow the instructions to create your custom audience.
Do you use Facebook custom audience for your advertising? What results have you seen?